Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And then the sun shone through...

...

I'm sorry, that's about all the dramatic-ity I can muster. The rest of my meager reserve was spent on walking up to an abandoned street stall in Borella and asking the old man there(See? Old man. Old. That has to be at least a little dramatic, right?) for a flag. Ever opportunistic, they still overcharged for it. Either way, there's none left to expend on my already shaky writing.

It's like living in a weird-everydays-christmas like place right now. At the moment I'm getting more or less the entirety of the president's speech texted to me by the Daily Mirror news service. Firecrackers going off sporadically. People on the streets. I have to stay cooped up in here. I wanna go wave a few flags, dammit! I have the right to wrestle with some old lady for a prime spot by the pavement to grin at passing vehicles!

I will arm myself with a keyboard instead.

*wave
*shove

It just. Doesn't. Feel. The. Same.

The fighting's all over. People keep asking what we're going to talk about now. As if there isn't enough to talk about now that people have stopped getting their legs whipped out from under them by a mean man named claymore. What do you think people in other countries talk about? India didn't get that highly populated without a few solid conversation starters. And I doubt men in China went about with a Tiananmen square pickup line.

Go back to the default topics. These are for males. Slightly alter and you get females.
  • Small children - Toys/starring in America's Funniest Home Videos
  • Teenagers - Females
  • Young men - Work/Females
  • Middle age - Family/Work/Starring in America's Funniest Home Videos
  • Seniors - Females
For women, just replace "females" with "shoes".

I mean, I can't remember the last time I talked about the war. Save for the getting flag bit, it never came up in conversation for at least a few weeks.


WOOO!!!! Tomorrow is a national holiday!
:D

I have to go rejoice! Will finish this post later. I hope.

5 comments:

Sabby said...

We don't ALWAYS talk about shoes...just, maybe...every 15 minutes or so =P

Oh and also, I heart your new header. It be very sleek and kool and all that =D

Oh wait, not =D

;D

Jerry said...

That's often enough.

I know, I heart it too. I know it's awesome.
I made it, didn't I?
:P

Anonymous said...

India and China didn't get that overpopulated without a few solid conversation starters eh?

Well gee, Sri Lankans are a litle bit behind, we are not all that over populated :P

The kind of conversations you've given tips about?

*NEWS FLASH* We already know about those.

Come on, we all know you have a lot more expertise than that to impart to us. Why don't you share with us the kind of steamy connversations that has been heating up your phone bills of late and befuddled your mind to such an extent that you sent love messages to the Whackster? ;D

Lady divine said...

thank goodness for the holiday! :)

Jerry said...

@qod
Are you just playing along and pretending to be dense, or are you really this thick?

@LD
hoorah! But it's over now :/