Thursday, May 7, 2009

On Titles

The more perceptive among you might have noticed that I rarely have a particularly interesting title. For posts. Take the last one for example. I had no idea what to call it so I just put in a generic name. Most of my posts are just about what happens everyday. For example, today I traveled in a bus going so slow and bumpy at times it felt like I was riding a lawnmower to work. Then I'd write a post about bus drivers and women on buses and how I slept on my arm and woke up with it hanging by my side, completely numb today. See, I can get a post out with decent speed, I just have no idea what to call it.

I think this naming affliction is going to come back and shock rifle me in the head some day. I'll probably write a children's book and call it 'Daddy drinks a lot because you cry' or 'The boy who got beaten up, had a revelation and did his homework better. Also Pancakes.'. Hopefully my powers of inventing-a-name-for-something won't be called on too often.

I hereby shorten the name of this blog to ASOB,NQIM. I know it sounds a bit strange but as a friend of mine pointed out, it sounds like one of the names you heard when watching 'The Gods Must Be Crazy' back when you were a kid. Or more or less anything said by the little black guy in it. I've heard he's found his dream job in a coke factory and lives happily ever after. Coca-Cola.

Until next time,
Yours untruly,
Me.

10 comments:

Serendib_Isle said...

We understand Jerry. Just drop the “N” from ASOB,NQIM.
:D

noreply@blogger.com said...

Titles MATTER Jerry :-)

First thing you notice in a chic is her face and then her boobs right? Similar logic applies here. I mean its got to be attention grabbing in some way. I am likely to read when I am convinced by the title. This is psychology :-)

Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh, What happens when you have kids?

They'll probably end up with names like ASOB and NQIM...eek:)

Jerry said...

@SI
To tell you the truth I had a prophetic typo when writing that post. Missed the N
O.o

@NB
I know it matters, although I'm not sure I agree about the noticing females thing. But yeah, even I get drawn in with titles.

@qod
You got a problem with that?
:P

Marisa Wikramanayake said...

Thanks for the comment. Also to let you know I fixed the image link problem. Cheers, Marisa.

Jerry said...

You're welcome, just stumbled across it on Twitter!

Bindhu Unny said...

Titling is an art. In fact, it draws me to certain posts/articles. :-)

mixedblessings89 said...

Haha lawnmower... :D

mixedblessings89 said...

Lol @ Queenofdreams :D :P

Jerry said...

@BU
Yeah, I just have no idea how to come up with them :/

@MB
My kids will be just fine, thankyou :P